Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Just for me

I should be writing a poem for English Lit. But instead, I'm on this blog. That I never use now.

I'll try to write my little poem here.

We have five senses
To help us perceive
We let these senses
Designate what we believe
But beneath our perception
There's such a deception
Because what we see
Can be such an illusion
We find ourselves
Living under delusions
If this man is homeless
He must be lazy
But he is an architect
Isn't that crazy?
Some say "she's fat"
And we assume it's what she eats
But we don't know that
She's struggling with a disease
He has a disorder
That usually effects females
But he can't ignore the ads
Showing half-naked, slim males
She walks around with beauty
Displayed in every move and we assume
That what is outside must be within
Because she's so pretty
She must be a great friend
We construct our reality
From pieces of personalities
Others show us only a mask
And we take it all at face value
It's obviously fact
Before you judge others
Look at yourself
How can I judge another
When I don't know myself?









No comments:

Post a Comment